Monday, June 04, 2007

Meeting with the author

Partly in view of my ever-closer meeting with the author, I'm continuing to pursue reading the bible quickly and slowly. Reading the New Living Translation, 2nd edition is continuing to be enjoyable, and I have now read
Genesis
Exeodus
Leviticus
Esther
Job
Proverbs
Ecclesiastes
Lamentations
Joel
Obadiah
Nahum
Habakkuk
Zephaniah
Haggai
and
Malachi
from the Old Testament
and Mark
Romans
Galatians
Philippians
1 and 2 Thessalonians
Titus
Philemon
Hebrews
James
2 and 3 John
and Jude
from the New Testament.

I'm working on Jeremiah, reading through Psalms a few psalms at a time and have nearly completed Matthew.

Reading Jeremiah is being done in conjunction with listening to Philip Ryken's 66 sermons, which I downloaded via Itunes, via Preaching the Bible. I wish Mr Ryken's sermons were preceded by the bible reading each one is based on, but I don't think our minister's are, either!

And, I am now working on the last verses of Hebrews 6, which takes me to only one third of the way through Hebrews, as chapters, 7,9-12 have so many verses. What a huge emphasis on the greatness of Christ and on keeping going as a Christian!

I used to recite the chapters I had been working on when I went for a walk, but now it is colder, I'm using a treadmill for exercise, and find it hard to concentrate on the memorising and using the treadmill.

No comments: